The London Helicopter are the only helicopter tour company flying from within Central London. Via their website, customers can book helicopter flights, perform online check-in, and even purchase gift vouchers. The company came to us as they were struggling to implement new functionality on their website and wanted to move their web development to a more sustainable provider.
By providing The London Helicopter with a dedicated full-time developer, we enabled The London Helicopter to implemented over 1000 website changes without disrupting day to day operations. The approach is complemented by a structured project management process, regular strategic meetings and strong collaboration with design and SEO partners.
To date we’ve implemented over 1000 website changes and continue to allow The London Helicopter to respond to their changing business needs.
- Support for mobile, tablet and desktop browsers for all e-commerce functionality.
- Stronger integration with Google Analytics to support SEO and marketing partners.
- Introduction of new booking rules and a new flight availability system to reflect business rules.
- Added new e-commerce functionality, mainly new types of helicopter tours and online gift voucher sales.
- A move to a more cost effective e-commerce payment provider.
- Increased and improved back-office administrative features that allow staff to manage bookings, track e-commerce transactions, and determine flight availability.
- Technical direction and strategic input
- Technical project management
- E-commerce development and online payment integration
- Responsive HTML5 website development
- Back-end development: PHP, Phalcon
- Google Analytics e-commerce tracking